We appreciate the reports you have been sending us with details about issues you’re encountering in the game.
We want to use this thread to let you know about some of the more prominent issues we’re already aware of and are actively working to resolve.
Where we are able to, we have provided workarounds while we work on the actual fixes.
We will keep this thread locked so we can populate it with individual workarounds for each issue we encounter and we will delete them as they get resolved.
To report an issue, you can report them here in the Steam forums if they are specific to Steam for visibility to the dev team. Otherwise, you can report them in the official Discord server in our Bug Report channel where we will be able to help more actively: https://discord.gg/aliensfireteamelite
Please be very specific with your report, but also try to keep it as brief as possible.
Include as much information about the circumstances that lead to the issue as possible, like what content you were playing, what were the settings, what might be unusual about your setup, what system and region you are playing in, etcetera.
Check out the latest Patch Notes: https://www.aliensfireteamelite.com/releasenotes/
RECENTLY RESOLVED PROMINENT ISSUES
- Resolved: Some players were encountering issues where some Perks behaved differently if they are hosting a game, or if they are the client.
- Resolved: We received reports that the Horde Slayer Skin for the Lancer did not unlock for players who had previously completed Horde Mode on Extreme difficulty prior to the Season 3 release. This should now be unlocked for those players.
- Resolved: Some players had reported instances of their PC graphics settings saving to their cloud save on Xbox and negatively affecting Xbox performance when switching between platforms.
- Resolved: Some players had reported that the Got Your Back perk is not working as intended. This is now fixed.
- Resolved: Some players had reported an issue with the UCAM Cover is not showing up when equipped. This is now fixed.
- Resolved: Some players had reported a rare issue that resulted in a loss of character data if a player accepted an invite from a loading screen.
- Some players aren’t automatically granted their DLC items (additional info in workarounds below)
- Some players encounter display driver crashes while playing (additional info in workarounds below)
- Some players have reported some loss of data when switching from XBox1 to WinGDK if DLC not installed on WinGDK.(see below)
- A small number of players may encounter a bug if they started a new game but did not finish talking with Santos and Herrera prior to Hotfix Patch188.8.131.52594 . This may cause progression to get stuck. We are working on a fix for this, but in the meantime, you will need to delete your save data and restart the game.
KNOWN PROMINENT ISSUES BEING INVESTIGATED AND WORKAROUNDS
If you are experiencing any of these, or other issues, please help us by submitting a detailed report through our #bug-reports channel in the Discord server.
- Players have reported that the Lancer’s Shake It Off and Resilience Perks are not triggering when they take damage from a grapple attack.
- We have received reports of players continuing to experience matchmaking issues preventing them from matching with other players or joining with friends after our post Season 2 patch Hotfix. If you encounter this issue and you’re using a VPN, turning it off may help. Ensuring a good network connection may also help. If you’re having trouble joining friends, make sure that your clients are all up to date with the latest version. Please check out our troubleshooting guide for tips.
KNOWN ISSUE: SOME PLAYERS AREN’T AUTOMATICALLY GRANTED THEIR DLC ITEMS
Some players are not being granted their pre-order, Deluxe edition, or Wey-Yu Armoury DLC items automatically. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We are working on a long term fix, but in the meantime, you can try these workarounds:
- If you preordered the Standard Edition, then open the Store page for your respective platform, search for Aliens: Fireteam Elite, then under the game’s DLC, manually download the Hardened Marine Pack. This should be a free download for you, and after it installs you will have access to its contents in-game.
- If you preordered the Deluxe Edition, then you can follow the above steps and also download the Endeavor Veteran Pack and Endeavor Pass DLC.
- On Xbox platforms and stores, when releasing new DLC, it’s possible that there could be a delay for it to show up as available. It may take up to 24-48 hours to populate. As a workaround, if you own DLC belonging to the Endeavor Pass that comes with the Deluxe Edition, you can go to your game library in “My games & apps”, highlight a game (but don’t select it), then press the Menu button on your controller, and select “Manage game and add-ons”. You should be able to find all relevant DLC there.
KNOWN ISSUE: SOME PLAYERS ENCOUNTER DISPLAY DRIVER CRASHES WHILE PLAYING
Some Steam players have run into graphic crashes while playing the game, including instances where widescreen settings were being used. A workaround for this issue is to run the game with DirectX11 instead of DirectX12.
You can use DirectX11 instead of DirectX12 by following these steps:
- In the Steam App, go to your games library, and right click on Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
- Click on Properties and look at the General tab.
- Under “Launch Options” type this command: -dx11
- Next time the game launches it will launch with DirectX11.
If you are on Steam, there is now also a setting available in the game to make this switch.