- DOWNLOAD/INSTALLATION ISSUES
- GAME NOT LAUNCHING/PERFORMANCE ISSUES
- MISSING DIRECTX FILES
- GAME SETTINGS AND SAVES NOT SAVING
- GAME CONTROLLER NOT DETECTED
- CONFIGURATION FILES AND SAVED GAMES LOCATION
- STEAM SUPPORT
CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE GAME
1. Run Steam and click Steam (upper left) > Settings > Downloads.
2. Click on the CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE button and click OK.
3. Steam will restart automatically.
NOTE: This process will not affect your currently installed games, but you will need to log into Steam afterwards.
GAME NOT LAUNCHING/PERFORMANCE ISSUES
A. MAKE SURE YOU FULFILL THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor: AMD FX-6300 / Intel Core i5-2500K
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 2 GB VRAM, AMD Radeon RX 460 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Storage: 6 GB available space
Additional Notes: 60 FPS in 1920x1080 (Low Graphic Preset)
How to find your PC specifications:
1. Enter dxdiag into the search box.
2. Click on dxdiag from the results.
3. System tab: check the Processor and the Memory.
4. Display tab: check the Display Device.
B. VERIFYING THE INSTALLATION OF GAME FILES
1. Right click on Warstride Challenges under LIBRARY > Properties.
2. Click on LOCAL FILES > VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES.
C. CHECK FOR WINDOWS UPDATES
Always ensure that you have the latest updates to Windows.
Right click on the Windows Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
Right click on the Windows Start button > Settings > Windows Update.
D. UPDATE THE DISPLAY DRIVER
It is recommended to perform a clean install of the display driver.
Please use Display Driver Uninstaller application to properly uninstall the display driver.
Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, driver store).
1. Install Display Driver Uninstaller.
2. Run the DDU setup application and extract the DDU folder.
3. Restart your PC in safe mode.
4. Open the Display Driver Uninstaller folder and run the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe application.
5. Select the graphics card (AMD GPU or NVIDIA GPU) and click on the Clean and restart (Highly recommended) button.
6. Install the new display driver:
E. UPDATE THE AUDIO DRIVER
1. Right click on the Windows Start button > Device Manager.
2. Open Sound, video and game controllers.
3. Right click on the default audio device (e.g., Realtek High Definition Audio) > Update driver.
F. RUN THE GAME IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE AT STARTUP
1. Right click on Warstride Challenges under LIBRARY > Manage > Browse local files.
2. Navigate to WindowsNoEditor > Warstride > Binaries > Win64.
3. Right click on Warstride-Win64-Shipping.exe application > Properties.
4. Click the Compatibility tab.
5. Check Run this program as an administrator and click OK.
G. ALLOW THE GAME IN WINDOWS SECURITY
1. Click on the up arrow icon in the taskbar notification area.
2. Right click on Windows Security > View security dashboard.
3. Click on Virus & threat protection.
4. Click on Protection history under Current threats.
5. Search the Warstride.exe and Warstride-Win64-Shipping.exe applications from Protected folder access blocked.
6. Click on Actions > Allow on device.
7. Close Windows Security.
H. USE THE SYSTEM FILE CHECKER TOOL TO REPAIR MISSING OR CORRUPTED SYSTEM FILES.
I. WINDOWS INSIDER PREVIEW BUILD
Please note that the Windows Insider Builds can be buggy and include unfinished features.
To opt-out of the Windows Insider Program:
1. Right click on the Windows Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program.
2. Click on the Stop Insider Preview builds button.
1. Right click on the Windows Start button > Settings > Windows Update > Windows Insider Program.
2. Click on Stop getting preview builds.
J. PERFORM A SELECTIVE STARTUP
Third-party applications running in the background may interfere with Warstride Challenges.
A Selective Startup can also help diagnose whether a background application is resulting in your issue.
This can be performed by:
1. Enter msconfig into the search box.
2. Click on System Configuration from the results.
3. Tick Selective Startup under the General tab.
4. Untick Load startup items and click OK.
5. Restart the computer.
6. Run Warstride Challenges.
If the issue no longer persists after having performed the Selective Startup, you will need to re-enable each of your usual background applications one-by-one until the error reoccurs, to determine which is interfering with Warstride Challenges.
MISSING DIRECTX FILES (D3DCOMPILER, X3DAUDIO...)
Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.
GAME SETTINGS AND SAVES NOT SAVING
1. Open Windows Security.
2. Click on Virus & threat protection.
3. Click on Protection history under Current threats.
4. Search Warstride Challenges from Protected folder access blocked.
5. Click on Actions > Allow on device.
6. Close Windows Security.
GAME CONTROLLER NOT DETECTED
Game controllers are currently not supported.
Game controllers will be supported in a future update (work in progress).
CONFIGURATION FILES AND SAVED GAMES LOCATION
Navigate to Documents > My Games > Warstride > Saved.
For any issue related to your Steam account and client, we recommend to check the Steam Support site.
As the publisher only, Focus Home Interactive cannot process refund requests.