Welcome back! As if all the exciting updates that came with the Pathogen DLC weren’t enough, we’ve also got a free new game mode, dozens of new challenge cards and so much more coming your way.
Hardcore is AFE’s newest game mode and it’ll be a challenge for even the most battle-hardened marines. Do you have what it takes to avoid permadeath? Or will you crumble like so many before you?
It’s not just a new game mode, though. We’re also bringing you 32 new challenge cards and 13 new attachments. From ‘Unpredictable Mutations’ to ‘Make Sure It's Dead’, these new cards truly live up to their name.
On the cosmetics side of things, you can count on new weapons colors, new decals, new emotes and more!
If you’re the kind of person that needs all the details, keep scrolling and you’ll find them below. If not, hurry up and get back to protecting LV-895. Those Xenomorphs are getting out of hand!
Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Hardcore is scheduled to be available by 10 am PT on August 30th, 2022
Note: Platform availability times may vary.
This update includes the free Hardcore update for Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
We have made the following changes:
NEW GAME MODE: HARDCORE
For the toughest Marines looking for a true challenge, Hardcore Mode poses the riskiest gameplay yet. In Hardcore Mode, players will be able to start with new characters and play at a difficulty of their choice, but be warned, in this mode death means it's "Game Over". However, as you progress through Hardcore Mode, all unlockable items are saved for future use, after your character faces permadeath.
Six (6) new Weapon Colors:
- Strawberry (Purchased at Park’s Armory)
- Surplus (Purchased at Park’s Armory)
- Expanse Zenith (Intense+)
- Expanse Sunset (Intense+)
- Expanse Twilight (Intense+)
- Expanse Daybreak (Intense+)
Five (5) new Weapon Decals
- Bug Sprayer (Purchased at Park’s Armory)
- Harsh Language (Purchased at Park’s Armory)
- Spirit of 2176 (Intense+)
- Nearfields (Intense+)
- Goodbye Mousey (Intense+)
Four (4) new Perks: (earned as Hidden Cache rewards)
- Extended Duration I
- Extended Reach I
- Force Multiplier I
- Quick Charge I
Five (5) new Emotes
- Pose - Confident (Purchased at Park’s Armory)
- Dance - Chicken (Purchased at Park’s Armory)
- Dust Off (Intense+)
- Sneaky (Intense+)
- Pump Iron (Intense+)
One (1) new Head Accessory:
- Protective Headset (Purchased at Park’s Armory)
- Thirteen (13) new Weapon Attachments: (available through gameplay: Mission completion, Tactical Ops, Challenge Cards, etc)
- Slanted Brake
- Slotted Bell Brake
- Alloy Muzzle Brake
- Riser Mount MDS
- Illuminated Reflex Sight
- T22E4 Sargodha N-HANCE
- Stabilizing Magazine
- Compound Magazine
- Scout Magazine
- Tempered Chamber
- Expanded Reserves
- Reinforced Barrel
- Servo-Assisted Armature
Thirty-two (32) new Challenge Cards: (available through Hidden Caches and packs in the Armory)
- On the Job Learning
- I Only Work Here
- Tactical Acquisitions
- Recalibrated Weapons
- In the Zone
- Even Playing Field
- Rear-Mounted Reloader
- Don't Get Comfortable
- Watch Your Spacing
- Immaculate Regicide
- Thick Soles
- Rocket Punch
- Immovable Object
- Unpredictable Mutations
- Pathogen Swarm
- Before My Coffee
- Safety in Numbers
- Too Old For This Crap
- Deep Wounds
- Let's Cause A Ruckus
- Plus Ultra
- Prototype Weapons
- Pulled Punches
- Sorry, Try Again
- Make Sure It's Dead
- Unstoppable Foes
- Just Keep It Together
- Synthetic Backup
- They Hunt In Pairs
- Out of the Shadows
- They're Everywhere, Man!
- We Pissed Them Off
WEAPONS & ATTACHMENTS
- The Destabilizing Magazine now properly has a 100% Proc Rate.
- The Combat Actuator attachment now works properly with flamethrower weapons.
- The Counterbalanced Magazine attachment should now function as intended for projectile-based weapons.
- The Flywheel Chamber attachment's effect now functions as expected with projectile and flamethrower weapons.
- The Rapid Dispersal Unit attachment's proc effect now applies properly for projectile-based weapons.
- The Expanded Reserve's proc effect now applies properly for projectile-based weapons.
- The Anti-Materiel Brake attachment now functions as intended with projectile-based weapons.
- The Counterbalanced Brake will now proc its effect as intended when used with projectile-based weapons.
- The Alignment Module attachment now functions as intended when used with projectile-based weapons.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes players would not see the correct Armature Attachment on other team members.
- Additional Kit Skins have been added to the Endeavor Veteran Pack and Wey-Yu Armoury DLC packs for the Phalanx and the Lancer Class Kits.(note: Players who own the DLC already will receive an in-game notification indicating they are getting the full DLC bundle when obtaining these Kit Skins, however the fix only adds the additional Kit Skins.)
- Achievement descriptions should now indicate if they must be achieved on a single character.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to swap weapons when rapidly toggling the Phalanx's Shield Up ability
- Improved the animation when using the P.649 HEL weapon.
CLASS KITS, ABILITIES, & PERKS
- DEMOLISHER: The "Rampage" Perk should now apply its full effect as intended.
- DEMOLISHER: The "Rifle Mastery" Perk should now properly apply its Reload buff
- DOC: The Handling stat for the "Readiness Perk" now applies properly.
- DOC: Fixed a bug where sometimes the player would get interrupted while interacting with objects when they had the Surgeon's Hands Perk equipped.
- PHALANX: The Resilience Perk now properly applies its ADS Move speed buff.
- PHALANX: The "Focus Under Fire" Perk now properly applies its Aim Assist and Reload Speed buffs
- PHALANX: The "Push the Frontline" Perk now applies its Stability and Accuracy effects as intended.
- RECON: The "Painkillers" Perk now applies its intended damage resistance effect.
- RECON: The "Threat Detected" Perk now properly updates the equipped weapon's Stability and Accuracy ratings.
- TECHNICIAN: The "Agile Practices" Perk should now buff reload speed as intended.
- TECHNICIAN: The "Super Serum" effect should now properly apply its full Handling buff.
- Updated the display names for the Lancer Specialist helmets to "Specialist Shielded Helmet" and "Specialist Shielded Helmet - Elite".
- Fixed an issue where the Close Encounter weapon skin was not being added to a player's inventory when purchased for 0 credits in Park's Armory.
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes did not receive cross platform game invites if they received one on the title screen.
- Fixed a bug where players would occasionally be unable to receive cross platform friend requests from a recently unblocked player.
- Fixed a bug where enemies sometimes weren't properly moving between walls, ceilings, and floors
- Fixed an issue where players could clip into the Fabrication Reprocessor.
- Fixed several instances where a player could move into a spot to avoid damage while in combat.
- Fixed a rare issue with some enemy spawns in The Gift of Fire: Boarding missions.
- Fixed a rare issue that could sometimes cause enemies to get into places where players were unable to shoot them.
- Fixed a bug where players could roll out of the playable space.
- Fixed a clipping issue in the mission: The Only Way to be Sure: Regicide.
- Fixed several instances where a player could get stuck in cover.
- Fixed an issue where Windows GamePass players would have their graphics settings reset when switching profiles.
- Added an option in Settings to Exit to the Title Screen.
- Fixed an issue where pings would remain after a consumable item such as a MedKit had been picked up.
- Fixed a bug where Handling Bonuses from Perks were not correctly reflected in the Weapon Stat screen.
- Fixed a bug where the health indication floater would display when a player loaded into a mission or switched between Kits.
- TECHNICIAN: Fixed a bug where "Unknown Attribute" would display on the Sentry Turret tooltip when the Parasocial Relationship Perk was attached to it.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the Analog Cursor would disappear with repeated profile swapping on Xbox Consoles.
- Fixed an issue where the menu cursor would sometimes be active during gameplay at the start of a mission.
- Fixed a bug on the Active Mission screen that displayed incorrect subheader text while in certain Game Modes.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the "Cycle Complete" screen in Horde Mode or Restock Turrets to initialize without a cursor.
- Fixed an issue where the "New" label was not correctly displaying in the Core Perks tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused Bonus Credits earned from a successful Challenge Card to be displayed without a "Bonus" label.
- Fixed an issue where a bot would sometimes fail to replace a player if one of the player characters was dead and another abandoned the mission.
- Made some optimizations so that players who lose their connection should be able to log back into the game more quickly.