Dear devotees of the Darwin Era,
Firstly, thank you, followers, for your unwavering dedication and immense support. Contained within this manifesto are the latest advancements and enhancements made for the ascension of Aliens: Dark Descent. Our most committed guardians have worked tirelessly to bring forth the long-anticipated transformation.
In line with our promises, we present new campaign options:
- The ability to disable the "Death Clock".
- The option to skip the prologue mission onboard the Pioneer Station, provided it has been completed at least once.
- We've also integrated an autosave feature that triggers when you exit the Otago at any moment, ensuring the preservation of your progress and any modifications made to your base and marines management.
Rest assured, our commitment to enhancing and refining our ideals remains unyielding. We diligently review your feedback and prayers to aid us in our endeavor to ascend to a superior form of life. Stay tuned for upcoming updates, and once again, thank you for your overwhelming support in our dream.
First of Marlow's Followers
Major bug fixes
- Addition of a security to avoid the players from triggering the ARC tutorial while being in the Command Room narrative sequence in Dead Hills (Mission 1) which resulted in a blocker.
- Amputated marines are no longer visible on the Mission Report, a message indicating the marines is in the medbay is added.
- Improvement of a previous fix that was unlocking Olduvai (Mission 11) for players stuck at the end of Pryce of Deception (Mission 10).
- Using the skill Incineration inside the ARC/APC will block the extraction and the movement of the squad.
- Fix a crash that was occurring when a marine fell through the ground, got deleted by the game and the player clicked on the marine's card.
- Fix of many blockers that could occur on the Cover tutorial of Berkley's Dock (Mission 2).
- The attribute Smart Ass can no longer be proposed to the Tecker class.
- It is now impossible to spam the RB/R1 gamepad button to do the first phase of the Sector Map tutorial in Dead Hills (Mission 1) to prevent a blocker.
- Improvement of the performances when aiming with a skill.
- The Psychiatric Care Unit is no longer accessible before unlocking it.
- Addition of a security to avoid a blocker during the First Deployment Tutorial between the Prologue and Dead Hills (Mission 1).
- The squad will now be teleported inside the defense room to avoid blocker in Harper's Hell (Mission 3)
- You cannot extract during the Crusher reveal to avoid blocker in Dead Hills (Mission 1)
- Fix performance problems caused by the drone in the Harper's Hell (Mission 3)
- The objective "Get rid of the guardians" in Olduvai (Mission 11) will now trigger properly when deploying or redeploying your APC to a specific waypoint
- Fix of many pathfinding problems during the last mission (Mission 12)
- The marine panel will now correctly update the statistics of the marine when affected by an specific state (ex: Tired)
- Improvement of the performances when exploding a barricade
- Fix some cases where a mission can't be completed at 100% even when all the objectives are completed.
- Fix of the lift during the mission of the "Tantalus Base" (Mission 08) where the lift may stay stuck once inside.
- Fix of the lift during the mission on "Pharos Spire" (Mission 10) where the outside doors don't open on the first floor (Office Floor) after completing the objectives.
- Fix of a crash occurring when a marine dies while interacting.
- Fix of a bug where a marine can be pushed outside of the map resulting in a blocking situation (The marine is now teleported back to closest valid position).
- General Stability Improvement and several fixes on various crashes.
Minor bug fixes
- Being in the option menu was still counting in the mission duration statistic.
- The lift that allows you to go from the Refinery (Mission 3) to Olduvai (Mission 11) will always be on the floor the squad is on.
- Fix a cover that was not working in the Basement -2 in Olduvai (Mission 11).
- The marine's animation will not loop anymore when spamming the validated button during the marine attribute selection.
- Increase 'Stubborn' label font size to make it more noticeable when it's in effect.
- Shelter icon will disappear if the door has been destroyed.
- "Overloaded Deployable Motion Tracker" can no longer be interacted with after they explode.
- Loading a save inside a trigger box no longer triggers all the events on the map.
- Dead marines with the personality trait "Kleptomaniac" will no longer steal materials.
- Aggressiveness gauge will be the same in the tactical view and when opening the map.
- The Precision Shot now correctly makes noise when used against Eggs.
- Reduced the ragdoll of "big" xenomorphs when killed by explosions.
- Pressing "Confirm" a few times to extract marines will no longer leave the UI message on screen.
- You can no longer interact with survivors through the Fog of War.
- The C4 is now correctly appearing on the barricade at the end of the interaction.
- Attempt to fix the Recon cloth movement when the active pause is pressed or released.
- The Drone can no longer weld from its position, it will correctly reach the door first.
- The Drone's welding now plays the correct VFX.
- The Stop order can now also cancel Drone orders.
- Tweaking of the Codex UI for better navigation.
- Wheels of the APC will not spin during the descent to Omicron Dig Site (Mission 11).
- Increase of the rat speed in Nuclear Protocol (Mission 5) to avoid the player catching him up and breaking the narrative sequence.
- The animation of the UI when picking up a sentry will now be played correctly.
- The Fog of War will be correctly removed when you destroy a wall and leave the room before the explosion happens.
- The datapad shortcut will no longer open the Sector Map UI if it was the last Map mode that was open.
- Fix some shelter issues on Harper's Hell (Mission 3).
- Fix a spawn that was eligible for massive onslaught even though the area was not unlocked yet in Harper's Hell (Mission 3) creating a blocker.
- Tweaking of the animations of Otago's UI.
- Fix of a room where it was impossible to create a shelter in Olduvai (Mission 11).
- Opening the map during the installation of a sentry will no longer make the ammunition of the sentry disappear.
- Fix of the animation when opening the map.
- Part of the UI could stay while the map was open.
- Fix many collision issues across all locations.
- Warriors can no longer jump on a marine that is welding a door to prevent the xenomorph from getting stuck inside the door.
- The objective marker "Check your cameras" in Pryce of Deception is now displayed at the right position.
- Fix the tooltip of "Tired" state in the Inspect Squad tab of the map.
- Aliens will no longer get stuck inside slopes when dashing.
- Making noise with a drone will now correctly set the Hive awareness to Detected.
- A message will be displayed when a marine carrying a follower is outside of the lift but the rest of the squad isn't.
- Moving the drone no longer removes the cover from the marines.
- Marines' lights could be partially broken when carrying someone and after dropping it on the floor.
- Fix some parts of the UI in the Otago's Armory.
- The head's rotation of synthetics in the last mission (Mission 12) now works as intended.
- Fix an issue occuring in some languages where the text indicates that a marine is inside the ARC/APC was overlapping the marine card.
- Some texts were not correctly aligned in the description of the missions in the Mission Selection Screen.
- A Marine in "suppressive fire" state can now perform a reprimand.
- Moving the cursor outside of the Command Deck in the Prologue won't block the progress anymore.
- Prevent an issue during Pharos Spire (Mission 10) where the elevator to reach the Security Floor could not work under specific conditions.
- During the mission located on "Refinery" (Mission 03) fix of the doors at the North east of the map on the ground floor, where the ARC can get through a closed door.
- Fix of the enemy position in every mission to avoid them being stuck in the environment.
- Fix of the objective indicator of the mission located in "Pharos Spire" (Mission 10) indicating the wrong lifts.
- During the mission "Pharos Spire" (Mission 10), a door of a building has been closed on the ground level next to the spire, to avoid the squad being potentially attacked from an ambush during a scripted sequence.
- Fix of the marines watching in the wrong direction after going out of the Carrier.
- Add security to avoid a crash occurring during the lift transition between "Berkley's Dock" and the "Montero".
- Enemies stuck under the map can no longer block an interaction if your squad sees them.
- Fix a crash occurring when the player uses the flamethrower and cancel it before validating it.
- The player can no longer rebind the Left/Right mouse buttons to avoid blocking situations during the game.
- Fix of the Marine's sight on "Dead Hills" (Mission 01) to avoid them being able to see inside rooms while being outside.
- Fix of an issue triggering a game over if the last living marine of the squad is inside a Power Loader.
- Fix of the "Massive Onslaught" GUI not displaying when loading a save made during a massive onslaught.
- Fix of the cursor not displaying when the player has ordered a "leave mission" or a "redeploy" to another location and the squad is killed while extracting.
- Fix of an issue when spam clicking on the cancel button above the marine inside a lift resulting in the cancel button staying displayed indefinitely.
- Fix of a glitch occuring on the skill menu and interaction menu, where the error message displayed the wrong information if the player moves too quickly between the options.
- The cinematics subtitles are no longer visible when disabled.
- During the cover tutorial of the prologue, add a focus and orient camera on the cover position to reach, to avoid a blocking situation for widescreen users.
- The light displayed above the drone to better see it no longer cast shadow on the floor.
- Fix of an objective that was mentioning the APC before it was unlocked in Berkley's Dock (Mission 2).
- The Powercore in Atmospheric Nightmare is now properly localized.
- Fix of the "Egg" Codex Entry to match the design.
- Fix of some bullet points on the "Stress Factors" Codex entry.
- It is now impossible to redeploy your squad during a Massive Onslaught.
- Improvement of the Praetorian behavior. It now makes a circular attack when passing through the squad.
- The Synthetic bodies can longer be interacted with in the fog of war.
- Flamethrower isn't blocked by explosive barrels anymore.
Quality of Life improvements
- Addition of an option to limit the FPS on PC only (60/120/144/Unlimited).
- Addition of a campaign option to disable the Death Clock.
- Addition of a campaign start option to skip the Prologue once it has been completed at least one time.
- Tweak some acknows to improve the pacing.
- Addition of music in the marine deployment and the mission return screens.
- Addition of an autosave in the Otago when returning to the main menu or leaving the game.
- You can dismiss dynamic pop-up with right click.
- Doors of a shelter will now have an icon above them to help players identify which one is required to be welded.
- Rework of the Xenotech Panel to accommodate 11 slots.
- The player can no longer leave the control mapping menu without resolving input conflict.
- Marines ordered to carry or enter a Power Loader are no longer eligible to perform one of the following interactions afterward: place a mine, sentry, deployable motion tracker, tripod.